Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Tissue Box Cozy Gifts

Today is National Teacher Appreciation Day!

I made these adorable cake tissue box cozies for my daughters' teachers, to show them how thankful I am for all of their hard work and dedication bettering their education. I used Twinkie Chan's FREE pattern as a base pattern to create all of these.
The chocolate cake was created from the original pattern. Instead of mini 5mm pom pom balls, I used mini buttons as sprinkles.

The party cake was created using the the same pattern; with the exception of the strawberry pink icing, and white icing piping along the edges. I also added a few cherries on top.

The rainbow layered cake was slightly different from the rest. I used the original pattern for the white icing and icing piping along the edges but did something a bit different for the cake part. I crocheted rainbow layers with white icing in between each layer. I hot glued mini pom pom balls on the top to resemble sprinkles.

These were so much fun to make! I know the teachers will love them.
 photo kittysiggie.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails