Monday, April 1, 2013

What are Little Boys Made Of?

To answer the question above, I believe the modern answer is "Slugs and snails and puppy dog tails", but the traditional version is "Snips and snails and puppy dog tails." A snip is a Cumbrian dialect word for a small eel. Now that you have learned something new, we can move on.. :)
My daughter's teacher told me at her last teacher conference that she is a new grandma. I have to admit that I was a bit surprised because she doesn't look a day older than 35. She had told me that her husband had had children prior to when they were married and then I understood. Well all of the men in her family are fishermen so she was wondering if I could make her sweet grandson a fishy hat. On our drive down to Florida last week, I whipped up this cute little hat for her little fishergrandbaby.

I know she is going to love it!
I am now starting to work with an old friend/customer that I had collaborated with in the past. Brittney used to be the talent behind Abby's Tutu Factory and I used to make adorable leg and arm warmers and shrugs to match her beautiful tutu dresses and skirts. Well about two weeks ago Brittney got in contact with me to tell me that she no longer sells her gorgeous tutus but instead creates them to use as props in her new job; being a photographer. She is the artistic mastermind behind the camera for Ella Rose Portrait Arts. She had inquired if I would be interested in working with her. She was in need of some crochet goodies to have available for her newborn sessions. So to make a long story short, I am her on demand crochet designer for her newborn photo shoot needs. ;) I am thrilled to be working with her and cannot wait to see the pictures she does using my crochet props. If you get a chance, please visit her business facebook page, HERE. Be ready to be inspired because her work is truly amazing.
I also whipped up this adorable newborn stocking cap for Brittney on our LONG drive to Florida last week. I cannot wait to see it in action!

 photo kittysiggie.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails